These are the finished and polished drawings i done for each of the objects i am modelling within the project. Depa wanted us all to produce orthographic, front/side and top view drawings of each of the things we were modelling before going on to model them, just to show her before hand to keep continuity throughout the design ideas and theme of the piece. This was a very good idea and this is where the group blog come in to play, we could easily show the director our ideas and get the green light to make them within a few hours of posting them up on the group blog, or even a simple text message telling one of my group members to check the group blog did the job fairly quickly, which all heleped with speeding the production up. Rather than producing hand drawn images like before hand of initial ideas, i felt it was important to produce black and white drawings of the objects so that i could use them for modelling in maya, but also to clearly show the shape and size of them. Although simplistic drawings, i think producing these was very important within nthe group to let eachother know what was going on at all times, and how our design ideas were coming along.
Thursday, 11 February 2010
This section of the blog is about the modelling of the props and other things within the church that i have been asigned to. Before this project, i felt very uncomfortable with modelling within maya, this is one of the reasons i wanted to test myself further in the area, i felt that i would grasp this terms projects as a way to develop and expand on those areas of our course that i was very weak in, and that i had no previous experience in. I started off looking at basic modelling tutorials, and found myself quite quickly getting to grasps with the porocess of mdoelling shapes as i wanted them. The first thing i modelled in this project was the Altar. I was fairly pleased with the way it turned out, especially after worrying myself for so long about how well i would do in the modelling stage. I was also fairly pleased with the way the Lecturn and the Church Door turned out in comparison to the final designs i produced for them. I enjoyed modelling more than i thought i would. Normally i would just associate trying something new as frustrating and pointless, however within this project i found myself wanting to learn more, and trying to develop my own skills, which i actually found quite enjoyable and in a weird way theraputic. I know that not all of my modells were up to a high standard, this is probably due to the lack of time we actually had to learn, and produce the modells, but over all i was fairly pleased with the outcome of most of the props/windows/doors/graves i made, however complex or simplistic they were, i think they did the job we were looking for.
Modelling in progress.
Modelling in progress.